Currently on Canal Plus, a remarkable documentary did by Olivier Joyard on production and success of Israeli series. Given the complexity of Israeli society and the low budget of production, the creations and themes targeted in the series are rich and regularly adapted worldwide.
Our boys is about a real fact that has been the subject of much ink (see the teaser?), Nehama is a fiction about the story of a father who finds himself a widower with five children, False Flag is about the rights of African asylum seekers in the south of Tel Aviv and Miguel tells the story of the relationships between a young homosexual father and his adopted son, which occurred between Guatemala and Israel…
Apart from Canal Plus, Netflix is not to be outdone but we would like to see more, and also has some very good series and films:
- Fauda: the shock series that shows both sides of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict…
- When Heroes fly : a series that takes place between Colombia and Israel: a group of friends, former soldiers, are trying to find the girlfriend of one of them, supposedly dead ten years earlier.
- Maktub: a very good, funny and touching film: two Israeli mafia guys survive an attack and decide to grant the wishes of the men and women who were put on the Wailing Wall (hilarious at times).
- L’ange du Mossad : a very good historical film about a high-ranking Egyptian in power, Ashraf Marwan, who played the spy for the Israelis for years in order to maintain peace between the two countries.
- Operations Brothers : A true story and a very good film: Israeli spies infiltrating Djibouti who open a fake hotel to allow the evacuation of Ethiopian refugees.
Don’t forget that in a month, the Festival of Israeli Cinema in Paris will take place
from March 16th till March 24th at the Majestic Passy !
(on line, review of the two previous Festival)
Good evenings !!